Sunday, March 24, 2013

Baptism

What a wonderful baptism! We've so enjoyed each of our children's baptisms- K was in our front yard in NC, T was with family while we were in Kansas, and C, KG, and baby C in my parents' front yard. My Dad, my cousin Ed, our five kids and I all wore my Dad's baptism gown- now 70+ years old.)
Here's a pic after Sunday morning church service- my Mom got the pretty matching dresses for the girls and handsome green and pink shirts for boys.



I'm hoping to get some more pictures of the actual baptism. Here's the group shot afterwards. The ceremony was so nice- a warm, personal promise to raise our daughter to know God. Pastor Laidlaw sprinkled C with water he brought back from the Jordan River when he went to the Holy Land with my parents.



Baby C's wearing her cross necklace from the Sellers and hanging out with Daddy.
David always finds the baby!
After her Baptism, we enjoyed a super meal (Low country boil) with good friends! The day could not have gone any better. C was super sweet- grinning at everyone and so happy. The kids were good. God blessed us by holding off the rain until afterwards. A wonderful night!

No comments: